KingView HistorySvr.exe buffer overflow
|kingview-historysvr-bo (64559)||High Risk|
KingView is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by HistorySvr.exe. By sending a specially-crafted packet to TCP port 777, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability KingView 6.53 patch nettransdll.dll, available from the KingView Web site. See References.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-09-2011]: KingView 6.53 SCADA HMI Heap Overflow PoC.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [03-15-2011]: Kingview 6.53 SCADA HMI HistorySvr Heap Overflow.
- WellinTech Web site: KingView.
- BID-45727: KingView Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0406: Heap-based buffer overflow in HistorySvr.exe in WellinTech KingView 6.53 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long request to TCP port 777.
- OSVDB ID: 70366: WellinTech KingView HistorySvr.exe TCP Request Remote Overflow
- SA42851: KingView HistorySvr Service Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- US-CERT VU#180119: WellinTech KingView 6.53 remote heap overflow vulnerability
- WellinTech KingView 6.53
Jan 09, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.