Contao X_FORWARDED_FOR cross-site scripting
|contao-xforwardedfor-xss (64679)||Medium Risk|
Contao is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input when submitting a comment. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the X_FORWARDED_FOR HTTP header to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Contao (2.9.3 or later), available from the Contao Web site. See References.
- Contao Web Site: Contao 2.9.3 is available.
- BID-45794: Contao 'X_FORWARDED_FOR' HTTP Header Arbitrary Script Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0508: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in system/modules/comments/Comments.php in Contao CMS 2.9.2, and possibly other versions before 2.9.3, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the HTTP X_FORWARDED_FOR header, which is stored by system/libraries/Environment.php but not properly handled by a comments action to main.php.
- OSVDB ID: 70440: Contao system/modules/comments/Comments.php X_FORWARDED_FOR HTTP Header XSS
- SA42899: Contao X_FORWARDED_FOR Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Contao Contao 2.9.2
Jan 06, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.