Oracle Solaris ZFS denial of service
|solaris-zfs-dos (64809)||Medium Risk|
Oracle Solaris is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in ZFS. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - January 2011 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - January 2011: Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - January 2011.
- BID-45889: Oracle Solaris CVE-2010-4458 Local Solaris Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-4458: Unspecified vulnerability in Oracle Solaris 11 Express allows local users to affect availability, related to ZFS.
- OSVDB ID: 70588: Solaris ZFS Unspecified Local DoS
- SECTRACK ID: 1024975: Solaris Multiple Flaws Let Remote Users Gain Full Control and Local Users Partially Access and Modify Data and Deny Service
- Oracle Solaris 10
- Oracle Solaris 11 Express
- Oracle Solaris 8
- Oracle Solaris 9
Jan 19, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this