Linksys WRT54GC interface buffer overflow
|wrt54gc-interface-bo (64850)||High Risk|
Linksys WRT54GC is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when handling HTTP POST requests. By sending a specially-crafted POST request containing an overly long string, a remote attacker from within the local network could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Upgrade to the latest version of Linksys WRT54GC (1.06.1 or later), available from the Linksys by Cisco Web site. See References.
- JVN#26605630: Cisco Linksys WRT54GC vulnerable to buffer overflow.
- Linksys by Cisco Web site: Linksys by Cisco - WRT54GC Support.
- CVE-2011-0352: Buffer overflow in the web-based management interface on the Cisco Linksys WRT54GC router with firmware before 1.06.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (device crash) via a long string in a POST request.
- OSVDB ID: 70624: Cisco Linksys WRT54GC HTTP POST Request Remote Overflow
- SA43017: Linksys WRT54GC Web Management Interface Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2011-0205: Cisco Linksys WRT54GC HTTP Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Linksys WRT54GC 1.5.7
Jan 21, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.