ScrumWorks Basic Base64 information disclosure
|scrumworks-base64-info-disclosure (64883)||Low Risk|
ScrumWorks Basic could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the transmittal of the server credentials as Base64-encoded text. By sniffing the network, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- ScrumWorks Web site: ScrumWorks Basic.
- CVE-2011-0410: CollabNet ScrumWorks Basic 1.8.4 uses cleartext credentials for network communication and the internal database, which makes it easier for context-dependent attackers to obtain sensitive information by (1) sniffing the network for transmissions of Java objects or (2) reading the database.
- OSVDB ID: 70601: ScrumWorks Basic Server server/scrumworks/data/hypersonic/scrumworks.log Plaintext Credential Storage
- OSVDB ID: 70602: ScrumWorks Basic Server Base64-encoded Credentials Transmission
- SA43010: ScrumWorks Basic Server Credentials Information Disclosure
- US-CERT VU#547167: CollabNet ScrumWorks Basic Server transmits credential information in plaintext
- ScrumWorks ScrumWorks Basic 1.8.4
Jan 21, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.