Cisco Content Services Gateway TCP denial of service
|cisco-csg2-tcp-dos (64937)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Content Services Gateway is vulnerable to a denial of service. By sending a specially-crafted TCP packet, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the device to reload or hang.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20110126-csg2 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20110126-csg2: Cisco Content Services Gateway Vulnerabilities.
- BID-46026: Cisco Content Services Gateway Malformed TCP Packet (CVE-2011-0349) Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0349: Unspecified vulnerability in Cisco IOS 12.4(24)MD before 12.4(24)MD2 on the Cisco Content Services Gateway Second Generation (aka CSG2) allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (device hang or reload) via crafted TCP packets, aka Bug ID CSCth17178, a different vulnerability than CVE-2011-0350.
- OSVDB ID: 70721: Cisco Content Services Gateway Second Generation Crafted TCP Packet Unspecified Remote DoS (2011-0349)
- SA43052: Cisco Content Services Gateway Security Bypass and Denial of Service
- Cisco IOS 12.0
- Cisco IOS 15.0M
Jan 26, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this