AWCM awcm_theme file include
|awcm-theme-file-include (64980)||Medium Risk|
AWCM could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to header.php script using the awcm_theme cookie parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- awcm Web page: awcm | Download awcm software for free at SourceForge.net.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-26-2011]: AWCM v2.2 final Local File Inclusion Vulnerability.
- BID-46017: AWCM 'awcm_theme' Cookie Parameter Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0903: Multiple directory traversal vulnerabilities in AR Web Content Manager (AWCM) 2.2 allow remote attackers to read arbitrary files and possibly have other unspecified impact via a .. (dot dot) in the (1) awcm_theme or (2) awcm_lang cookie to (a) index.php or (b) header.php.
- OSVDB ID: 73978: AR Web Content Manager (AWCM) index.php Multiple Cookie Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- OSVDB ID: 73979: AR Web Content Manager (AWCM) header.php Multiple Cookie Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- AWCM AWCM 2.2
Jan 26, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this