Limny preview.php file include
|limny-preview-file-include (65083)||Medium Risk|
Limny could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the preview.php script using the theme parameter, to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of Limny 3.0.1, available from the Limny Web site. See References.
- AutoSec Tools Web Site: Limny 3.0.0 Local File Inclusion.
- Limny Web site: Limny .
- CVE-2011-5210: Directory traversal vulnerability in admin/preview.php in Limny 3.0.0 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a ..%2F (encoded dot dot slash) in the theme parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 70747: Limny admin/preview.php theme Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA43124: Limny admin/preview.php Security Bypass Vulnerability
- Limny Limny 3.0.0
Jan 24, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.