SigPlus Pro ActiveX control NewPath buffer overflow
|sigplus-newpath-bo (65115)||High Risk|
The SigPlus Pro ActiveX control is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long NewPath argument to the SetLocalIniFilePath() method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of SigPlus Pro ActiveX control (4.29 or later), available from the Topaz Systems Web site. See References.
- Secunia Research 03/02/2011: SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities.
- Topaz Systems Web site: SigPlus Pro ActiveX.
- BID-46128: SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-0324: Multiple heap-based buffer overflows in Topaz Systems SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control 3.95, and possibly other versions before 4.29, allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long (1) KeyString property, (2) NewPath parameter to the SetLocalIniFilePath method, or (3) NewPortPath parameter to the SetTabletPortPath method.
- SA42800: SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Topaz Systems Sigplus Pro ActiveX Control 3.95
Feb 03, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.