SigPlus Pro ActiveX control SigMessage() file overwrite
|sigplus-sigmessage-file-overwrite (65117)||Medium Risk|
The SigPlus Pro ActiveX control could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument to the SetLogFilePath() and SigMessage() insecure method, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to create and overwrite arbitrary files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of SigPlus Pro ActiveX control (4.29 or later), available from the Topaz Systems Web site. See References.
- Secunia Research 03/02/2011: SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control "SetLogFilePath()" Unsafe Method.
- Topaz Systems Web site: SigPlus Pro ActiveX.
- BID-46128: SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-0323: Topaz Systems SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control 3.95, and possibly other versions before 4.29, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by calling the exposed unsafe (1) SetLogFilePath and (2) SigMessage methods to create arbitrary files with arbitrary content.
- OSVDB ID: 72555: SigPlus Pro ActiveX Multiple Method Arbitrary File Creation
- SA42800: SigPlus Pro ActiveX Control Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Topaz Systems Sigplus Pro ActiveX Control 3.95
Feb 03, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.