Open Handset Alliance Android WorkingMessage.java information disclosure
|android-workingmessage-info-disclosure (65125)||Low Risk|
Open Handset Alliance Android could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the improper management of the draft cache by WorkingMessage.java. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a standard text messaging service to read SMS messages of another user.
Upgrade to the latest version of Android (2.3.2 or later), available from the Open Handset Alliance Web site. See References.
- Open Handset Alliance Web site: Android.
- BID-46105: Open Handset Alliance Android 'data/WorkingMessage.java' Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0680: data/WorkingMessage.java in the Mms application in Android before 2.2.2 and 2.3.x before 2.3.2 does not properly manage the draft cache, which allows remote attackers to read SMS messages intended for other recipients in opportunistic circumstances via a standard text messaging service.
- OSVDB ID: 70744: Google Android Mms Application data/WorkingMessage.java Draft Cache SMS Message Remote Disclosure
- Google Android 2.2
- Google Android 2.3
- Google Android 2.3.1
Feb 02, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.