OpenJDK IcedTea plugin JAR security bypass
|icedtea-jar-security-bypass (65151)||Medium Risk|
The OpenJDK IcedTea plugin could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the improper handling of the JAR signature. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass the signature verification process and gain unauthorized access to the system.
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- GNU/Andrew┐s Blog: [SECURITY] IcedTea6 1.7.8, 1.8.5, 1.9.5 Released!.
- OpenJDK Web site: OpenJDK.
- BID-46110: OpenJDK 'IcedTea' Plugin JAR Signature Verification Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0025: IcedTea 1.7 before 1.7.8, 1.8 before 1.8.5, and 1.9 before 1.9.5 does not properly verify signatures for JAR files that (1) are partially signed or (2) signed by multiple entities, which allows remote attackers to trick users into executing code that appears to come from a trusted source.
- DSA-2224: openjdk-6 -- several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 73764: OpenJDK IcedTea JAR File Signature Verification Weakness
- SUSE-SR:2011:003: SUSE Security Summary Report
- RedHat Icedtea 1.7.7
- RedHat Icedtea 1.8.4
- RedHat Icedtea 1.9.4
Feb 01, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.