Multiple SMCD3G-CCR gateways default password
|smcd3gccr-default-password (65184)||High Risk|
Multiple SMCD3G-CCR gateways contain a default password for the administrator account. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain administrative access to the affected device to modify device configuration settings.
Refer to SMCD3G-CCR for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [2011-02-06]: Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Business Gateways Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- SMCD3G-CCR: Vulnerabilities in Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Business Gateways.
- BID-46178: SMC Networks SMCD3G Session Management Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- BID-46215: Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Business Gateways Cross Site Request Forgery and Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-0885: A certain Comcast Business Gateway configuration of the SMC SMCD3G-CCR with firmware before 220.127.116.11.2 has a default password of D0nt4g3tme for the mso account, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain administrative access via the (1) web interface or (2) TELNET interface.
- OSVDB ID: 72434: SMC / Comcast DOCSIS Business Gateways Default Account
- SA43199: SMC SMCD3G-CCR Two Vulnerabilities
- Comcast Business Gateways 3.0
- SMC SMCD3G-CCR 18.104.22.168
Feb 04, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.