Multiple SMCD3G-CCR gateways weak security
|smcd3gccr-weak-security (65186)||Low Risk|
Multiple SMCD3G-CCR gateways could provide weaker than expected, caused by the use of predictable values to validate the management portal session. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using brute force techniques to gain unauthorized access to the device.
Refer to SMCD3G-CCR for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- SMCD3G-CCR: Vulnerabilities in Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Business Gateways.
- BID-46178: SMC Networks SMCD3G Session Management Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- BID-46215: Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Business Gateways Cross Site Request Forgery and Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-0887: The web management portal on the SMC SMCD3G-CCR (aka Comcast Business Gateway) with firmware before 22.214.171.124.2 uses predictable session IDs based on time values, which makes it easier for remote attackers to hijack sessions via a brute-force attack on the userid cookie.
- OSVDB ID: 72436: SMC / Comcast DOCSIS Business Gateways Web Management Portal Session Generation Weakness
- SA43199: SMC SMCD3G-CCR Two Vulnerabilities
- Comcast Business Gateways 3.0
- SMC SMCD3G-CCR 126.96.36.199
Feb 04, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.