Apache Web Server for Windows and OS2 denial of service
|apache-server-dos (6527)||Medium Risk|
Apache HTTP Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. An attacker could send a specially-malformed GET request to the server to cause the server to stop responding. The server must be restarted in order to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Apache Web Server (1.3.20 or later), available from the Apache Web site. See References.
- Apache Web site: Full Problem Report Text for PR#7522.
- Apache Web site: Index of /dist/httpd.
- Apache-announce Mailing List, 2001-05-12 21:21:13: [Announce] Apache 1.3 Security Fix Available for Win32/OS2 users.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 22 2001 - 01:46:37 CDT: [Announce] Apache 1.3.20 Released.
- BID-2740: Apache Web Server HTTP Request Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1342: Apache before 1.3.20 on Windows and OS/2 systems allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (GPF) via an HTTP request for a URI that contains a large number of / (slash) or other characters, which causes certain functions to dereference a null pointer.
- OSVDB ID: 1833: Apache HTTP Server Multiple Slash GET Request DoS
- US-CERT VU#125235: Apache Web Server vulnerable to DoS via crafted HTTP request
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.12
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.13
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.14
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.15
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.16
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.17
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.18
- Apache HTTP Server 1.3.19
May 12, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this