ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus ResetResult security bypass
|adselfservice-resetresult-security-bypass (65348)||Medium Risk|
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper restrictions on the accounts/ResetResult page. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability via a direct request to change user passwords.
Upgrade to the latest version of ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus (4.5 Build 4500 or later), available from the ManageEngine Web site. See References.
- CORE-2011-0103: ZOHO ManageEngine ADSelfService multiple vulnerabilities.
- ManageEngine Web site: ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus.
- BID-46331: ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-3272: accounts/ValidateAnswers in the security-questions implementation in ZOHO ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus before 4.5 Build 4500 makes it easier for remote attackers to reset user passwords, and consequently obtain access to arbitrary user accounts, via a modified (1) Hide_Captcha or (2) quesList parameter in a validateAll action.
- OSVDB ID: 70870: ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus POST Request Manipulation Security Question Weakness
- SA43241: ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus Cross-Site Scripting and Security Bypass
- ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus 4.4
Feb 10, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.