Quagga AS path limit/TTL denial of service
|quagga-aspath-dos (66212)||Medium Risk|
Quagga is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the BGP daemon when parsing specific AS_PATHLIMIT attributes. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using specially-crafted AS_PATHLIMIT attributes to rest BGP sessions.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Quagga (0.99.18 or later), available from the Quagga Web site. See References.
- Quagga Web Site: 2011-03-21: Quagga 0.99.18 Released.
- BID-46943: Quagga BGP Daemon 'AS_PATHLIMIT' Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1675: bgpd in Quagga before 0.99.18 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (session reset) via a malformed AS_PATHLIMIT path attribute.
- DSA-2197: quagga -- denial of service
- OSVDB ID: 71258: Quagga AS_PATHLIMIT BGP Session Reset Remote DoS
- RHSA-2011-0406: Moderate: quagga security update
- SA43770: Quagga Two Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SUSE-SR:2011:005: SUSE Security Summary Report
- SUSE-SR:2011:006: SUSE Security Summary Report
- Quagga Quagga 0.99.17
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Server EUS 6.0.z
Mar 21, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.