Acme.Serve directory traversal
|acme-serve-directory-traversal (6634)||Medium Risk|
Acme.Serve could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted URL containing special "//" characters to traverse directories and view any file on the Web server. An attacker can use this vulnerability to gain root privileges.
Note: This vulnerability affects Cisco Secure Access Control Server for Unix, which implements the Acme.Serve.
For Cisco Secure ACS for Unix Server versions 2.0 through 18.104.22.168:
Upgrade to the latest version of Cisco Secure ACS for Unix (22.214.171.124 or later), or apply the patch for this vulnerability, as listed in Cisco Security Advisory 2002 July 2 10:00 (UTC -0800). See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 31 2001 - 15:34:16 CDT: Acme.Server v1.7 of 13nov96 Directory Browsing.
- CIAC Information Bulletin M-097: Cisco ACS Acme.server traversal Vulnerability.
- Cisco Systems Inc. Security Advisory, 2002 July 2 10:00 (UTC -0800 ): Cisco Secure ACS Unix Acme.server Information Disclosure Vulnerability.
- BID-2809: Acme.Serve v1.7 Arbitrary File Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-0748: Acme.Serve 1.7, as used in Cisco Secure ACS Unix and possibly other products, allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files by prepending several / (slash) characters to the URI.
- OSVDB ID: 5544: Acme.Serve URI Encoded Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA25536: APC PowerChute Network Shutdown Directory Traversal
- ACME Acme.Serve 1.7
- APC PowerChute Network Shutdown 2.21.116
Jun 01, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this