MediaWiki transwiki security bypass
|mediawiki-transwiki-sec-bypass (66739)||Medium Risk|
MediaWiki could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the failure to restrict access by the transwiki import feature when handling form submissions. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to copy wiki pages and perform other unauthorized actions.
Upgrade to the latest version of MediaWiki (1.16.4 or later), available from the MediaWiki Web site. See References.
- MediaWiki Web Site: MediaWiki security release 1.16.3.
- MediaWiki Web Site: MediaWiki security release 1.16.4.
- BID-47354: MediaWiki Versions Prior to 1.16.3 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-1580: The transwiki import functionality in MediaWiki before 1.16.3 does not properly check privileges, which allows remote authenticated users to perform imports from any wgImportSources wiki via a crafted POST request.
- DSA-2366: mediawiki -- multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 74621: MediaWiki Transwiki Import wgImportSources Crafted POST Request Remote Import Restriction Bypass
- SA44142: MediaWiki Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2011-0978: MediaWiki Cross Site Scripting and CSS Image Injection Vulnerabilities
- Mediawiki Mediawiki 1.16
Apr 14, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.