Wireshark NFS denial of service
|wireshark-nfs-dos (66833)||Medium Risk|
Wireshark (formerly Ethereal) is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an assertion error in the NFS dissector. By sending a specially-crafted packet, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the application to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to wnpa-sec-2011-05 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- wnpa-sec-2011-05 : X.509if vulnerability in WiresharkŪ version 1.2.0 to 1.2.15 .
- BID-47392: Wireshark Versions Prior to 1.4.5/1.2.16 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-1592: The NFS dissector in epan/dissectors/packet-nfs.c in Wireshark 1.4.x before 1.4.5 on Windows uses an incorrect integer data type during decoding of SETCLIENTID calls, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted .pcap file.
- OSVDB ID: 71847: Wireshark on Windows epan/dissectors/packet-nfs.c NFS Dissector DoS
- SA44172: Wireshark Denial of Service and Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2011-1022: Wireshark Multiple Code Execution and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Wireshark Wireshark 1.4.0
- Wireshark Wireshark 1.4.1
- Wireshark Wireshark 1.4.2
- Wireshark Wireshark 1.4.3
- Wireshark Wireshark 1.4.4
Apr 14, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this