SocialCMS multiple cross-site request forgery
|socialcms-multiple-csrf (66985)||Medium Risk|
SocialCMS is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin1_members.php and admin1_configuration.php scripts. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to perform unauthorized actions. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-20-2011]: SocialCMS1.0.2 Multiple CSRF Vulnerabilities.
- SocialCMS Web site: SocialCMS.
- CVE-2012-1416: Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in SocialCMS 1.0.2 allow remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that (1) add administrator accounts via a member_new action to my_admin/admin1_members.php or (2) modify the default site title via a save action to my_admin/admin1_configuration.php.
- OSVDB ID: 71930: SocialCMS /my_admin/admin1_members.php Admin User Creation CSRF
- SA44313: SocialCMS Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- SocialCMS SocialCMS 1.0.2
Apr 20, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.