Opera SELECT denial of service
|opera-select-dos (67338)||Medium Risk|
Opera is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error when handling malformed tags. By persuading a victim to view a specially-crafted Web page with an overly large SIZE parameter embedded in SELECT HTML tags, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to crash the browser or possibly execute arbitrary code on the system.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Opera (10.61 or 11.10 or later), available from the Opera Web site. See References.
- Opera Web site: Download Opera Browser.
- TSSA-2011-02: Opera : SELECT SIZE Arbitrary null write .
- BID-47764: Opera Web Browser 'SELECT' HTML Tag Remote Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-1824: The VEGAOpBitmap::AddLine function in Opera before 10.61 does not properly initialize memory during processing of the SIZE attribute of a SELECT element, which allows remote attackers to trigger an invalid memory write operation, and consequently cause a denial of service (application crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code, via a large integer attribute value.
- OSVDB ID: 74176: Opera VEGAOpBitmap::AddLine Function SELECT Element Invalid Memory Write DoS
- Opera Opera Browser 10.60
May 03, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.