Multiple FTP server ".lnk" directory traversal
|ftp-lnk-directory-traversal (6760)||Low Risk|
ArGoSoft FTP Server, Transsoft Broker FTP Server, and WFTPD could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker can upload a '.lnk' file which points to any file or directory to traverse directories and gain access to any file in the directory containing the link.
For WFTPD (all versions):
Upgrade to WFTPD (3.10 R1 or later) or (Pro 3.10 R1 or later), available from Texas Imperial Softwares Web site. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for patch or upgrade information.
- ArGoSoft Web site: ArGoSoft FTP Server.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jul 01 2001 - 08:25:44 CDT: WFTPD v3.00 R5 Directory Traversal.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jul 01 2001 - 11:11:42 CDT: Broker 220.127.116.11 Directory Traversal.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jul 01 2001 - 11:30:35 CDT: ArGoSoft 18.104.22.168 *.lnk upload Directory Traversal.
- Texas Imperial Software Web site: Index of /downloads.
- BID-2957: WFTPD Shortcut Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- BID-2960: Transoft Broker .lnk Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- BID-2961: ArGoSoft FTP Server .lnk Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1042: Transsoft Broker 22.214.171.124 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files and directories by uploading a .lnk (link) file that points to the target file.
- CVE-2001-1043: ArGoSoft FTP Server 126.96.36.199 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files and directories by uploading a .lnk (link) file that points to the target file.
- CVE-2001-1386: WFTPD 3.00 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files by uploading a (link) file that ends in a .lnk. extension, which bypasses WFTPD's check for a .lnk extension.
- OSVDB ID: 11325: ArGoSoft FTP Server .lnk Shortcut Upload Arbitrary File Manipulation
- OSVDB ID: 14269: Windows NT FTP Server (WFTP) .lnk Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- OSVDB ID: 14822: Broker FTP Custom .lnk Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- OSVDB ID: 1886: ArGoSoft FTP Server .lnk Arbitrary File and Directory Access
- ArGoSoft ArGoSoft FTP Server 188.8.131.52
- Texas Imperial Software WFTPD 3.00 R5
- TransSoft Broker FTP Server 5.x
Jul 01, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this