SmarterTools SmarterStats Admin information disclosure
|smarterstats-admin-info-disclosure (67826)||Low Risk|
SmarterTools SmarterStats could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. By sending a direct request for the Admin, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of SmarterStats (6.2 or later), available from the SmarterTools Web site. See References.
- SmarterTools Web site: SQL Injection, XML Injection, OS Command Injection, SmarterStats 6.0.
- CVE-2011-2156: The SmarterTools SmarterStats 6.0 web server allows remote attackers to obtain directory listings via a direct request for the (1) Admin/, (2) Admin/Defaults/, (3) Admin/GettingStarted/, (4) Admin/Popups/, (5) App_Themes/, (6) Client/, (7) Client/Popups/, (8) Services/, (9) Temp/, (10) UserControls/, (11) UserControls/PanelBarTemplates/, (12) UserControls/Popups/, (13) aspnet_client/, or (14) aspnet_client/system_web/ directory name, or (15) certain directory names under App_Themes/Default/.
- OSVDB ID: 75043: SmarterStats Multiple Directory Direct Request Directory Listing Disclosure
- US-CERT VU#240150: SmarterTools default basic web server vulnerabilities
- SmarterTools SmarterStats 6.0
Oct 12, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.