Adobe ColdFusion unspecified cross-site request forgery
|coldfusion-unspec-csrf (68027)||Medium Risk|
Adobe ColdFusion is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to add a user. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Refer to APSB11-14 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB11-14: Security update: Hotfix available for ColdFusion.
- BID-48271: Adobe ColdFusion CVE-2011-0629 Unspecified Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-0629: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in Adobe ColdFusion 8.0, 8.0.1, 9.0, and 9.0.1 allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of unspecified victims via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 73051: Adobe ColdFusion Admin User Addition CSRF
- SA43013: Adobe ColdFusion Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Adobe ColdFusion 8.0
- Adobe ColdFusion 8.0.1
- Adobe ColdFusion 9.0
- Adobe ColdFusion 9.0.1
Jun 14, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.