ArGoSoft FTP Server weak password encryption
|argosoft-ftp-weak-encryption (6848)||Medium Risk|
ArGoSoft FTP Server could provide weaker than expected security. ArGoSoft FTP Server uses a weak password encryption algorithm that could allow a remote attacker to decrypt the password file to obtain other user's passwords.
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- ArGoSoft FTP Server Web site: ArGoSoft FTP Server.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jul 01 2001 - 11:30:35 CDT: ArGoSoft 126.96.36.199 *.lnk upload Directory Traversal.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jul 12 2001 - 13:36:53 CDT: ArGoSoft FTP Server 188.8.131.52 Weak password encryption.
- BID-3029: ArGoSoft FTP Server Weak Password Encryption Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1142: ArGoSoft FTP Server 184.108.40.206 uses weak encryption for user passwords, which allows an attacker with access to the password file to gain privileges.
- OSVDB ID: 11329: ArGoSoft FTP Server Password Storage Weak Encryption
- ArGoSoft ArGoSoft FTP Server 220.127.116.11
Jul 12, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this