phpMyAdmin table print view script cross-site scripting
|phpmyadmin-table-print-xss (68750)||Medium Risk|
phpMyAdmin is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the table print view script. If a table name exists, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to PMASA-2011-9 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- PMASA-2011-9 : XSS in table Print view.
- BID-48874: phpMyAdmin Prior to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-2642: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the table Print view implementation in tbl_printview.php in phpMyAdmin before 126.96.36.199 and 3.4.x before 188.8.131.52 allow remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a crafted table name.
- DSA-2286: phpymadmin -- several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 74109: phpMyAdmin Table Print View Table Name Parameter XSS
- SA45365: phpMyAdmin Multiple Vulnerabilities
- phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin 184.108.40.206
Jul 23, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.