ioQuake3 Engine game code code execution
|ioquake-gamecode-code-execution (68870)||High Risk|
ioQuake3 Engine could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an error in game-specific code that allows the loading of malicious DLL files. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of ioQuake3 Engine (2097 or 2098 or later), available from the ioQuake Web site. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Full-disclosure Mailing List, Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:06:49 +0200: Two security issues fixed in ioQuake3 engine.
- ioQuake Web site: ioQuake3 Engine.
- World of Padman Web site: World of Padman.
- World of Padman Web site: WoP 184.108.40.206 hotfix released for Linux.
- BID-48915: ioQuake3 Engine Multiple Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-2764: The FS_CheckFilenameIsNotExecutable function in qcommon/files.c in the ioQuake3 engine 1.36 and earlier, as used in World of Padman, Smokin' Guns, OpenArena, Tremulous, and ioUrbanTerror, does not properly determine dangerous file extensions, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted third-party addon that creates a Trojan horse DLL file.
- OSVDB ID: 74276: ioQuake3 Engine qcommon/files.c FS_CheckFilenameIsNotExecutable Function Third-Party Add-on DLL File Remote Code Execution
- OSVDB ID: 74622: ioQuake3 Engine quake3 Directory Third-Party Add-on DLL File Remote Code Execution
- SA45417: Icculus.org Quake 3 Engine Command Injection Vulnerability
- SA45468: World of Padman Command Injection Vulnerability
- ioQuake ioQuake3 1499
- ioQuake ioQuake3 1773
- World of Padman World of Padman 1.5
- World of Padman World of Padman 1.5.1
Jul 28, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.