McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection MyAsUtil18.104.22.1683.dll ActiveX control code execution
|mcafee-saas-myasutil520603-code-execution (69094)||High Risk|
The McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection MyAsUtil22.214.171.1243.dll ActiveX control could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system. By persuading a victim to click on a specially-crafted link, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a cross-site scripting attack to execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim.
Refer to McAfee Security Bulletin ID: SB10016 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- McAfee Security Bulletin ID: SB10016: McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection update fixes multiple ActiveX issues.
- TPTI-11-12: McAfee SaaS MyAsUtil126.96.36.1993.dll SecureObjectFactory Instantiation Design Flaw Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-49088: McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection 'MyAsUtil188.8.131.523.dll' ActiveX Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-3006: The MyAsUtil ActiveX control in MyAsUtil184.108.40.2063.dll in McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection 5.2.1 and earlier allows remote attackers to bypass the MyASUtil.SecureObjectFactory.CreateSecureObject domain execution policy using a cross-site scripting (XSS) attack, execute arbitrary code using the MyASUtil.InstallInfo.RunUserProgram function, and possibly conduct other unspecified attacks.
- OSVDB ID: 74512: McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection MyAsUtil220.127.116.113.dll ActiveX MyASUtil.InstallInfo.RunUserProgram Function Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA45506: McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection ActiveX Controls Two Vulnerabilities
- McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection 5.2.1
Aug 04, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.