Xen xc_dom_bzimageloader.c denial of service
|xen-xcdombzimageloader-dos (69381)||Medium Risk|
Xen is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the xc_dom_bzimageloader.c. By using unknown attack vectors, a local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the application to enter into an infinite loop.
Denial of Service
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the XenSource Web site. See References.
- Red Hat Bugzilla Bug 696927: CVE-2011-1583) CVE-2011-1583 xen: insufficiencies in pv kernel image validation.
- XenSource Web site: Xen.
- XenSource Web site: Xen.
- CVE-2011-3262: tools/libxc/xc_dom_bzimageloader.c in Xen 3.2, 3.3, 4.0, and 4.1 allows local users to cause a denial of service (management software infinite loop and management domain resource consumption) via unspecified vectors related to Lack of error checking in the decompression loop.
- DSA-2337: xen -- several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 73740: Xen Paravirtualised Guests Decompression Local DoS
- RHSA-2011-0496: Important: xen security update
- Citrix Xen 3.2.0
- Citrix Xen 3.3.0
- Citrix Xen 4.0.0
- Citrix Xen 4.1.0
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 Client
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
- RedHat Enterprise Linux EUS 5.6.z
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Long Life 5.6
- RedHat RHEL Desktop Multi OS 5 Client
- RedHat RHEL Virtualization 5 Server
May 09, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.