Argent Office UDP packet denial of service
|argent-office-udp-dos (6953)||Medium Risk|
Argent Office is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. An attacker can send a UDP packet with no payload to port 53 to cause the system to reboot.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Sep 12 2002 - 15:13:23 CDT: Re: Multiple vulnerabilities in Avaya Argent Office.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Aug 07 2001 - 07:35:52 CDT: Multiple vulnerabilities in Avaya Argent Office.
- BID-5704: Avaya IP Office Malformed Packets Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- BID-8976: Avaya Argent Office Malformed DNS Packet Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1259: Avaya Argent Office allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service by sending UDP packets to port 53 with no payload.
- OSVDB ID: 14254: Avaya Argent Office Malformed UDP DNS Packet DoS
- US-CERT VU#981915: Avaya Argent Office vulnerable to denial of service via malformed DNS packets
- Avaya Argent Office
Aug 07, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this