Dynu FTP Server "dot dot" directory traversal
|dynuftp-dot-directory-traversal (7045)||Medium Risk|
Dynu FTP Server could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the FTP server. A remote attacker can issue a CWD command followed by "dot dot" sequences (in the form CWD ..) to traverse directories and read arbitrary files outside of the FTP root directory.
Upgrade to the latest version of Dynu FTP Server (1.06 or later), available from the Dynu Systems, Inc. Web site. See References.
- Dynu Systems, Inc. Web site: Dynu FTP Server.
- SecuriTeam Mailing List, Windows NT focus 22 August 2001: Dynu FTP Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability.
- CVE-2001-1300: Directory traversal vulnerability in Dynu FTP server 1.05 and earlier allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. in the CD (CWD) command.
- OSVDB ID: 8981: Dynu FTP Server CD Command Arbitrary File Access
- Dynu Systems Dynu FTP Server 1.05 and prior
Aug 22, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this