Symphony CMS profile and filter parameters cross-site scripting
|symphony-multiple-xss (71106)||Medium Risk|
Symphony CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the profile and filter parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Symphony CMS 2.2.4, available from the Symphony CMS Web site. See References.
- Packet Storm Web site: Symphony CMS 2.2.3 Cross Site Scripting / SQL Injection.
- Symphony CMS Web Site: Symphony. An open source CMS..
- BID-50470: Symphony Multiple SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-4340: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Symphony CMS 2.2.3 and possibly other versions before 2.2.4 allow remote authenticated users with Author privileges to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the profile parameter to extensions/profiledevkit/content/content.profile.php, as demonstrated via requests to (a) the default URI, (b) about/, or (c) drafts/; or (2) the filter parameter in symphony/lib/core/class.symphony.php, as demonstrated via requests to (d) symphony/publish/comments or (e) symphony/publish/images. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 76882: Symphony CMS extensions/profiledevkit/content/content.profile.php profile Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 76883: Symphony CMS symphony/publish/images filter Parameter XSS
- SA46663: Symphony CMS Multiple Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- Symphony Symphony CMS 2.1.1
- Symphony Symphony CMS 2.1.2
- Symphony Symphony CMS 2.2
- Symphony Symphony CMS 2.2.3
Nov 02, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.