MyBB language setting cross-site request forgery
|mybb-language-setting-csrf (71462)||Medium Risk|
MyBB is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to modify the language setting. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Upgrade to the latest version of MyBB (1.6.5 or later), available from the MyBB Web site. See References.
- MyBB Bug #1729: CSRF vulnerability in ?language=.
- MyBB Development Blog: MyBB 1.6.5 Released ¿ Feature Update, Security & Maintenance Release.
- MyBB Web Site: MyBB - Free and Open Source Forum Software.
- BID-50816: MyBB Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-5131: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in global.php in MyBB before 1.6.5 allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of a user for requests that change the user's language via the language parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 77327: MyBB Language Setting Manipulation CSRF
- SA46951: MyBB Multiple Vulnerabilities
- MyBB MyBB 1.6
- MyBB MyBB 1.6.1
- MyBB MyBB 1.6.2
- MyBB MyBB 1.6.3
- MyBB MyBB 1.6.4
Nov 25, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.