OpenVMS LOGINOUT could allow unauthorized system access
|openvms-loginout-unauth-access (7151)||High Risk|
Digital OpenVMS could allow an attacker to gain unauthorized system access, caused by a vulnerability in the LOGINOUT function. This occurs only when external authentication is enabled.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in CERT Vendor-Initiated Bulletin VB-98.07. See References.
- CERT Vendor-Initiated Bulletin VB-98.07: OpenVMS (VAX & ALPHA) V7.1 LOGINOUT Potential Security Vulnerability.
- CIAC Information Bulletin I-071a: OpenVMS loginout Vulnerability.
- FedCIRC Advisory FA-98.65: OpenVMS loginout Vulnerability.
- BID-161: OpenVMS loginout Vulnerability
- CVE-1999-1558: Vulnerability in loginout in Digital OpenVMS 7.1 and earlier allows unauthorized access when external authentication is enabled.
- OSVDB ID: 11087: OpenVMS loginout External Authentication Privilege Escalation
- HP OpenVMS 7.1
- HP OpenVMS AXP 7.1
Jul 28, 1998
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this