Elxis CMS index.php cross-site scripting
|elxiscms-index-xss (71648)||Medium Risk|
Elxis CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the id parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Elxis 2009.3 Aphrodite, available from the Elxis CMS Web site. See References.
- Elxis CMS Web Site: Elxis open source CMS.
- Packet Storm Web site: Elxis CMS 2009.3 Aphrodite Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-50910: Elxis CMS Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-4918: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Elxis CMS 2009.2, 2009.3 and 2009.3 Aphrodite before revision 2684 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) task parameter to elxis/index.php, and (2) PATH_INFO to elxis/administrator/index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 77563: Elxis CMS index.php task Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 77564: Elxis CMS administrator/index.php URI XSS
- SA47073: Elxis CMS Two Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Elxis Elxis CMS 2009.2
- Elxis Elxis CMS 2009.3
Dec 06, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.