Lazyest Backup Plugin for WordPress xml_or_all parameter cross-site scripting
|lazyestbackup-xmlorall-xss (71650)||Medium Risk|
Lazyest Backup Plugin for WordPress is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the xml_or_all parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Lazyest Backup 0.2.2, available from the Lazyest Backup Web site. See References.
- Lazyest Backup Web Site: WordPress ¿ Lazyest Backup « WordPress Plugins.
- WordPress Plugin Directory: Lazyest Backup.
- BID-50900: WordPress Lazyest Backup Plugin 'xml_or_all' Parameter Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-5264: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in lazyest-backup.php in the Lazyest Backup plugin before 0.2.2 for WordPress allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the xml_or_all parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 77493: Lazyest Backup Plugin for WordPress lazyest-backup.php xml_or_all Parameter XSS
- SA47092: WordPress Lazyest Backup Plugin "xml_or_all" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- WordPress Lazyest Backup Plugin 0.2.1
- WordPress WordPress
Dec 04, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.