CyberLink Power2Go P2G buffer overflow
|power2go-p2g-bo (71723)||High Risk|
CyberLink Power2Go is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the project editor when parsing a filename field. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted P2G file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Note: CyberLink WaveEditor is also affected by this vulnerability.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- CyberLink Web site: CyberLink Power2Go.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-18-2012]: CyberLink Power2Go name attribute (p2g) Stack Buffer Overflow Exploit.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-09-2011]: CyberLink Multiple Products File Project Handling Stack Buffer Overflow POC.
- BID-50997: CyberLink Power2Go Multiple Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-5171: Multiple stack-based buffer overflows in CyberLink Power2Go 7 (build 196) and 8 (build 1031) allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via the (1) src and (2) name parameters in a p2g project file.
- OSVDB ID: 77600: CyberLink Power2Go Project Editor Filename Field P2G File Handling Overflow
- SA47145: CyberLink Power2Go Project File Processing Two Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- US-CERT VU#158003: Power2Go buffer overflow vulnerability
- CyberLink Power2Go 7 build 196
- CyberLink Power2Go 8 build 1031
- CyberLink WaveEditor 2.0 build 2204
Dec 09, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.