ConfigServer Firewall da_csf.cgi buffer overflow
|csf-dacsf-bo (71758)||High Risk|
ConfigServer Firewall is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By sending a specially-crafted overly long string argument to da_csf.cgi script, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- ConfigServer Security & Firewall Web Site: ConfigServer Security & Firewall.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-09-2011]: CSF Firewall Buffer Overflow.
- BID-51005: ConfigServer Firewall Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-5033: Stack-based buffer overflow in CFS.c in ConfigServer Security & Firewall (CSF) before 5.43, when running on a DirectAdmin server, allows local users to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long string in an admin.list file.
- OSVDB ID: 78088: ConfigServer Security & Firewall CFS.c admin.list File Handling Remote Overflow
- Way to the Web ConfigServer Firewall
Dec 09, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this