SpamTitan multiple scripts cross-site scripting
|spamtitan-multiple-xss (71942)||Medium Risk|
SpamTitan is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the auth-settings.php, setup-relay.php and setup-network.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- EDB-ID: 18261: SpamTitan v5.08 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- SpamTitan Web Site: Anti Spam Software, Email Security, Spam Filtering, Anti Spam Solution.
- Vulnerability-Lab: SpamTitan v5.08 - Multiple Web Vulnerabilities.
- BID-51155: SpamTitan Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-5149: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in SpamTitan 5.08 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) testaddr or (2) testpass parameter to auth-settings.php; (3) hostname, (4) domainname, or (5) mailserver parameter to setup-relay.php; or (6) subnetmask or (7) defaultroute parameter to setup-network.php.
- OSVDB ID: 77987: SpamTitan auth-settings.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 77988: SpamTitan setup-relay.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 77989: SpamTitan setup-network.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA47309: SpamTitan Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- SpamTitan SpamTitan 5.08
Dec 21, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.