Simple File Upload module for Joomla! index.php code execution
|simplefileupload-index-code-exec (72023)||Medium Risk|
Simple File Upload module for Joomla! could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by the improper validation of file extensions by the index.php script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload a malicious PHP script, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- EDB-ID: 18287: Simple File Upload v1.3 Joomla Module Remote Code Execution.
- Simple File Upload Download Site: Simple File Upload Download.
- Simple File Upload Web Site: Simple File Upload - Joomla! Extensions Directory.
- BID-51214: Joomla Simple File Upload 'index.php' Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- BID-51234: Joomla! Simple File Upload Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2011-5148: Multiple incomplete blacklist vulnerabilities in the Simple File Upload (mod_simplefileuploadv1.3) module before 1.3.5 for Joomla! allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by uploading a file with a (1) php5, (2) php6, or (3) double (e.g. .php.jpg) extension, then accessing it via a direct request to the file in images/, as exploited in the wild in January 2012.
- OSVDB ID: 78122: Simple File Upload Module for Joomla! modules/mod_simplefileuploadv1.3/helper.php Arbitrary File Upload
- SA47370: Joomla! Simple File Upload Module Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- Joomla! Joomla!
- Joomla! Simple File Upload 1.3
Dec 28, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.