PGP Keyserver denial of service using Web interface
|pgp-keyserver-http-dos (7203)||Medium Risk|
Network Associates PGP Key Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by a vulnerability in the default permissions of the Web interface. A remote attacker can request a URL containing either the 'console.exe' or 'cs.exe' commands to bypass authentication and gain unauthorized access to the Web interface. This could allow an attacker to cause a denial of service attack.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- PGP Product Advisory September 25, 2001: PGP Key Server Permissions Misconfiguration.
- SNS Advisory No.43: PGP Keyserver Permissions Misconfiguration.
- BID-3375: NAI PGP Keyserver Web Administration Interface Authentication Bypassing Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1252: Network Associates PGP Keyserver 7.0 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and access the administrative web interface via URLs that directly access cgi-bin instead of keyserver/cgi-bin for the programs (1) console, (2) cs, (3) multi_config and (4) directory.
- OSVDB ID: 1955: NAI PGP Keyserver console.exe Authentication Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 4193: NAI PGP Keyserver cs.exe Authentication Bypass
- PGP Keyserver 7.0
- PGP Keyserver 7.0.1
Sep 28, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this