Neturf eCommerce search.php cross-site scripting
|neturfecommerce-search-xss (72037)||Medium Risk|
Neturf eCommerce is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the search.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the SearchFor parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Neturf eCommerce Web Site: Welcome to Neturf Website Application Development | Business Website Design & Application Development | US, North America, UK, Europe, Asia & Singapore | Neturf Solutions.
- packet storm Web site: Neturf Cross Site Scripting.
- CVE-2011-5198: SQL injection vulnerability in search.php in Neturf eCommerce Shopping Cart allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the SearchFor parameter. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 78068: Neturf eCommerce Shopping Cart search.php SearchFor Parameter XSS
- SA47354: Neturf eCommerce Shopping Cart "SearchFor" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Neturf eCommerce
Dec 27, 2011
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.