Mavili Guestbook guestbook.mdb information disclosure
|mavili-guestbook-information-disclosure (72101)||Low Risk|
Mavili Guestbook could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by improper restrictions on the guestbook.mdb file stored inside the Web root. By sending a direct request, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to download the database file and obtain sensitive information.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 03 2012: mavili guestbook - SQL Injection and XSS Vulnerabilities.
- Mavili Guestbook Web Site: maviliguestbook - asp (vbscript) guestbook - Google Project Hosting.
- BID-51252: Mavili Guestbook Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5298: Mavili Guestbook, as released in November 2007, stores guestbook.mdb under the web root with insufficient access control, which allows remote attackers to read the database via a direct request.
- Mavili Guestbook Mavili Guestbook
Jan 03, 2012
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.