IBM SPSS Data Collection and SPSS Dimensions (mraboutb.dll) ActiveX control code execution
|spss-mraboutb-activex-code-execution (72118)||High Risk|
IBM SPSS Data Collection and SPSS Dimensions ActiveX control (mraboutb.dll) could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by insecure use of the SetLicenseInfoEx() method. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim.
Refer to IBM Flash (Alert) 1577956 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1577956: Security Bulletin: IBM SPSS Data Collection ActiveX Control vulnerabilities (CVE-2012-0188, CVE-2012-0190).
- IBM Web site: IBM SPSS software for predictive analytics.
- ZDI-12-019: IBM SPSS mraboutb.dll ActiveX Control SetLicenseInfoEx Method Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-51445: IBM SPSS Data Collection and Dimensions ActiveX Control Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0188: Unspecified vulnerability in the SetLicenseInfoEx method in an ActiveX control in mraboutb.dll in IBM SPSS Dimensions 5.5 and SPSS Data Collection 5.6, 6.0, and 6.0.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted HTML document.
- OSVDB ID: 78329: IBM SPSS Data Collection ActiveX (mraboutb.dll) SetLicenseInfoEx() Method Handling Unspecified Remote Code Execution
- SA47565: IBM SPSS Data Collection ActiveX Controls Two Vulnerabilities
- IBM SPSS Data Collection 5.6
- IBM SPSS Data Collection 6.0
- IBM SPSS Dimensions 5.5
Jan 03, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.