ImpressCMS notifications.php browser.php and content.php cross-site scripting
|impresscms-multiple-xss (72145)||Medium Risk|
ImpressCMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by notifications.php, browser.php and content.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal thevictim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of ImpressCMS (1.2.7 Final or 1.3.1 Final or later), available from the ImpressCMS Web site. See References.
- HTB23064: Multiple vulnerabilities in ImpressCMS.
- ImpressCMS Web Site: The ImpressCMS Project : Make a Lasting Impression : Make a Lasting Impression.
- BID-51268: ImpressCMS Cross Site Scripting and Local File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0986: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in ImpressCMS 1.2.x before 1.2.7 Final and 1.3.x before 1.3.1 Final allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the PATH_INFO to (1) notifications.php, (2) modules/system/admin/images/browser.php, and (3) modules/content/admin/content.php.
- OSVDB ID: 78140: ImpressCMS notifications.php URI XSS
- OSVDB ID: 78141: ImpressCMS modules/system/admin/images/browser.php URI XSS
- OSVDB ID: 78142: ImpressCMS modules/content/admin/content.php URI XSS
- SA47448: ImpressCMS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- ImpressCMS ImpressCMS 1.3 Final
Jan 04, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.