Lingotek module for Drupal create or edit page cross-site scripting
|lingotek-createedit-xss (72151)||Medium Risk|
Lingotek module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input while creating or editing page content. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability via a webform to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Lingotek module for Drupal (6.x-1.40 or later), available from the Lingotek module for Drupal Web site. See References.
- Lingotek module for Drupal Web Site: Collaborative Translation Platform | Lingotek | The Translation Network.
- SA-CONTRIB-2012-002: Lingotek - Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-51272: Drupal Lingotek Module HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-1624: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Lingotek module 6.x-1.x before 6.x-1.40 for Drupal allow remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML when (1) creating or (2) editing page content.
- OSVDB ID: 78185: Lingotek Module for Drupal Page Content Manipulation Webform XSS
- SA47453: Drupal Lingotek Module Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Lingotek module for Drupal 6.X-1.1
Jan 04, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.