WordPress Count per Day plugin download.php file download
|countperday-download-file-download (72385)||Low Risk|
WordPress Count per Day plugin could allow a remote attacker to download arbitrary files, caused by improper restrictions placed on the download.php script. By sending a direct request using 'f' parameter, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to download and read arbitrary files on the system. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Count per Day plugin 3.1.1 or later, available from the Count per Day Web site. See References.
- Count per Day Web Site: WordPress ¿ Count per Day « WordPress Plugins.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-12-2012]: Wordpress Count-per-day plugin Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-51402: WordPress Count per Day Plugin Arbitrary File Download and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0896: Absolute path traversal vulnerability in download.php in the Count Per Day module before 3.1.1 for WordPress allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via the f parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 78270: Count Per Day Plugin for WordPress wp-content/plugins/count-per-day/download.php f Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA47529: WordPress Count Per Day Plugin Cross-Site Scripting and File Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- WordPress Count per Day plugin 3.1
- WordPress WordPress
Jan 12, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.