NeoAxis Game Engine neoaxis_web_application_win32.zip directory traversal
|neoaxis-neoaxis-directory-traversal (72427)||Medium Risk|
NeoAxis Game Engine could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system, caused by improper validation of the files extracted from neoaxis_web_application_win32.zip file. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page containing a specially-crafted ZIP archive, having an invalid file name containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) which, once extracted, could allow an attacker to traverse directories and overwrite files on the system.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Luigi Auriemma: Directory traversal in NeoAxis Web Player 1.4.
- NeoAxis Game Engine Web Site: NeoAxis Game Engine - Development Tool for 3D Simulations, Visualizations and Games.
- BID-51666: NeoAxis Web Player Zip File Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-0907: Directory traversal vulnerability in the web player in NeoAxis NeoAxis web player 1.4 and earlier allows user-assisted remote attackers to write arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in a filename in the neoaxis_web_application_win32.zip ZIP archive.
- OSVDB ID: 78311: NeoAxis Web Player neoaxis_web_application_win32.zip File Handling Traversal Arbitrary File Overwrite
- NeoAxis NeoAxis Game Engine 1.4
Jan 15, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.