Drupal Panels module unspecified cross-site scripting
|drupal-panels-unspecified-xss (72549)||Medium Risk|
Drupal Panels module is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2012-011 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Panels Web Site: Panels | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2012-011: Panels - Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- BID-51568: Drupal Panels Module Unspecified HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-0914: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in display_renderers/panels_renderer_editor.class.php in the admin view in the Panels module 6.x-2.x before 6.x-3.10 and 7.x-3.x before 7.x-3.0 for Drupal allows remote authenticated users with certain privileges to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the Region title.
- OSVDB ID: 78367: Panels Module for Drupal Customised Layout Region Creation Region Title Field XSS
- SA47649: Drupal Panels Module Customised Layout Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Panels 6.x-3.8
- Drupal Panels 6.x-3.9
- Drupal Panels Module
Jan 18, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.